Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is near me and I was wondering what to offer for it. any ideas

due to a injury I am forced to sell/trade my 1982 honda goldwing.......it has 57.000 miles on it ......has drivers back rest ( the radio does not work) tires,brakes, are good it has air adjustable shocks ..I have only rode it 2 times about 60 miles total since I bought it. I have a clean,clear title..in hand if interested call [email protected] 607-655-1228 taking cash offers or some kind of a trade atv--4x4 truck......long guns..who knows give me a shout with what ya have...thanks for looking.........

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

It's hard to gauge the bikes condition from the pictures Mike, to my eyes they look kinda fuzzy. Good condition 1100's are all over eBay ranging from under a grand to about $3,000.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

Here is what I'd do.
If it is near you, then you should go look at it. If you really like it and want it, start with a low offer, like $800. You never really know what a person has in mind when they say "make an offer". If he refuses your offer, then you have a starting point to work with. Just remember that it never hurts to throw out a low offer.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

Kelly's Blue Book lists 82's for about $2000 in excellent condition. Aspencades list for $2200. KBB.com

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

Hey it looks pretty reasonable, could be worth anything between $1,000-$2,000, go check it out and ask to ride it, if riding it is no go, then $1,000 is your limit. if it's OK to ride it, check and top off the suspension before yougo,if necessary, in the first 15 minutes you'll know your limit, check if the suspension needs topping off a lot, thats $300 off the price, if the brakes are messed up in any way thats another 300, if it doesn't rev smoothly in 2nd up to 6 or 7K, that's another 300, look under the left hand swinging arm bush for corrosion of the frame bracket, you can get another 500 right there, does the speedo or rev counter scream at you and max out, there's another $200, that's allwhat I'd look at and basically the rest of it is aesthetic, you can make up your own mind on that, but know this, you're buying a hobby!!!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I just sold a 1983Aspencade with 64K miles for $2200 last Spring. It looked perfect and had the timing belts, brakes changed and other PM done too.

Now it's fall and that bike you show us is less valuable than my Aspencade was. I figure anytime somebody tells me this and that on the bike is good, maybe it's not unless the are a bike mechanic. Probably that bike will need; new tires, timing belts, battery, brakes ect ect ect. And the bike is worth $1000-1500 tops.

I would offer $1000 (snow special!)if it runs and figure that you spend $1000 more to get it running to your liking. If it sat a long time, a carb overhaul is in your future too.

I would not drop $2000 unless it was a perfect pristine totally Preventative Maintained bike.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Ok went and looked at the bike. air shocks seemed fine, runs nice, but there was antifreeze leaking from a tube going into the head I think. seat has a couple of small tears in it. plastics on the bike are all there the frame looked good. but he wants at least 1500.00 for it. I don't know if it is worth that much, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Is it one of the crossover tubes leaking? That wouldn't be too hard to fix. From your post it doesn't seem like you felt the love, which means you will keep a level head on your spending limit. $1200 or a bit more mightn't be too much to pay for that one, it looks decent enough in those pictures.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

So did you ride it?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

yea I did seem pretty good to me, shocks seem to hold air alright. the pics didn't do it justice it needs a paint job. but I think I have found another one from an estate sale they are asking 800.00 OBO but they are saying it needs a starter.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I bought a 1100 that needed a starter. Paid 300 for it. Plastic was quite fadded but was going naked with it so that was okay. Did i get a deal no. That bike is just been trouble for me lots of hydo lo9ck problems now strator seems dead. I used the rear bags and trunk on a 1000 so that worked out good for me. But the bike just seems unrelaable. compared to my 1000 and my 1500.
Perhaps ill get it up and running this winter
Wilf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.