Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Guys!!! I am in the process of swapping speedo on the wing and the one I am taking off has the two wires to the non-conductive strip on back ( common to both speedos ), but it also has three wires, green, pink, and black/brown stripe. The unit I am installing does not have these three wires. Anybody know what they do and are the necessary??? Thanks

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

That is the speed sensor and on an 82 I believe is for the turn signal buzzer.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

The 3 wiresI believe are as follows:

Pink/ Brown and Blackgoes to air indicator sensor (lets you know when your air suspension is good or bad).

The green is the 12 common.

I'm pretty sure I'm right, here is a pic of the schematics. for 80-83 Gl 1100

Attachments

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

your right sorry guys, still learning the way of the goldwing. lol just trying to help.

I'm just half right, the pink wire is as GS says the air suspension warning indicator light I think. Damn it man you guys got me all confused now. I'm gonna go work on my wing.:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

One problem with this-------there are no warning lights in speedo-----warning light is in tach. So what do I do with the three wires in harness as my replacement speedo does not have these three wires?

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Knucklebucket wrote:
The 3 wiresI believe are as follows:

Pink/ Brown and Blackgoes to air indicator sensor (lets you know when your air suspension is good or bad).

The green is the 12 common.

I'm pretty sure I'm right, here is a pic of the schematics. for 80-83 Gl 1100
:waving:On the '83 GoldWing air pressure of the rear suspension for the Standard & Interstatecan be 0-57 psi (the '83 Aspencade range for the rear suspendion is 28-57 psi)so there is no air pressure warning light on the '83 Standard and Interstate which has an"OD" light which illuminates when the bike is in 5th gear which is considered OVERDRIVE. The gearing on the '83 is different than the '80-'82 GL1100 in that 1st gear is lower and 5th gear is taller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.