Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm trying to install the 82 trunk faring on my 81 gl 1100,and theI need a passenger trunk backrest.It has 3 boltson the backsideand has a lip on top that sits on the lid.Please let me know if you have one and what you want for it.Thanks

Bobby:praying:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

they are hard to come by... The back end of the rest rust out. Im missing mine to, Most just make one

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Wayne that's the reason I need one,because of the rust.My 81 1100 has the Vetter trunk on it and it's pretty small.People snatch them up on ebay real fast and they go for a lot of money.I'd like to know how to build a backrest...I was thinking about doing that.Thanks!

Bobby

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I made one for mine out of aluminum,its lighter and will never rust again.Any sheet metal shop should be able to roll a sheet for you for a few dollars.A little careful hammer work and you have what you need.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Roadrogue...That's a great idea!...would also be lighter too.Just drill 3 mountholes and get an upholster shop to cover it.Thanks!

Bobby

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I put my stock cover back on it,but if yours is shot then any upholstery shop could make you a new one. you could even make it bigger and wider, add heat or what ever your imagination can come up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.