Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been doing a little maintenance on the old 1100, and after installing new timing belts (original belts were still on the bike!:shock:) and adjusting the valves, I checked the carb synch. Everything is good, and I have no complaints with the way the bike runs. Idles nicely at 1000 rpm. I have been into the carbs when I first got the bike, but never messed with the idle jets. I have read that adjustment is supposed to start at 3 turns out on the 82 model. My question is 2-part. 1, should I worry with checking them? I'm averaging 42-43mpg after the neon coil upgrade. and 2, how do you adjust the darn things with the carbs on the bike? I'm sure I am just missing something, but it looks like they are pretty tough to get to, especially the two front cylinders.
Thanks for all the great advice!

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
You don't have any driveability issues, you get 44 mpg, and it idles nicely.
Why screw with a good thing? (See what I did there? Screw...)

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^

Sounds like you're already in the sweet spot!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was kinda my way of thinking too... then again, I felt that way about the timing belts until I started reading up on it! I think I will leave these alone though.
Thanks for the input!
Darren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.