Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Do I need to remove carbs to replace the intake boots? Also --where do you get replacement parts ? Lastly---should I replace the clamps at the same time??

Thanks---- getting ready for winter service!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

No, they just pop off. Make sure you line up the notches though. Clamps should be fine.

So what sort of service are you doing that requires taking off the boots?

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Hiya' Nam.

Searching around it appears that those boots are out of production and no longer available through Mother Honda.

I could suggest a trip through Flea-Bay. Specifically, give Power Sports Nation Flea-Bay Store an e-mail and ask if they might have some on hand.

How many do you need, and as Chris asked, why? Do you have one or more that are cracked and leaking, or are you just wanting to replace them for general principles?

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Was just going to replace them this winter---no problem at this time. Maybe since they are that hard to find i will just leave them alone!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i think you`ll find that the boots are premnetly bonded to the intake pipes and not meant to be removed from the intake pipes ( tubes )

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

namsgt1946 wrote:
Do I need to remove carbs to replace the intake boots? Also --where do you get replacement parts ? Lastly---should I replace the clamps at the same time??

Thanks---- getting ready for winter service!!!!!
:waving:In the 1980-1983 Honda GoldWing Service Manual it says, Caution: Do not try to remove the rubber couplers from the intake pipes. They are bonded in place for precise alignment.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Keep the old boots/intakes. Suggest using a hairdryer or wait for warm weather to soften the boots during re-attachment. I hit them with a rubber hammer, carefully.

You can remove the boots w/o carbs, but not the other way around.

I assume you want to clean the carbs?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

chris in va wrote:
No, they just pop off. Make sure you line up the notches though. Clamps should be fine.

So what sort of service are you doing that requires taking off the boots?
Does anyone know the intake pipe bolts torque value on a 1982 GL1100A?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.