Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am repainting the fairing on my 82 and would like to reuse the name plates. Problem----how do you get them off without breaking the little bosses. Also does anyboby know if the welt strips (joining inner and outer fairing ) are available. Mine are a little rough from years of abuse. Thanks!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've removed a couple of the Honda emblems using a piece of fine wire. I just pull it under the nameplate. It also took a little work with a thin putty knife to get another one off. I didn't worry about the plastic pins, either they come out or they don't. I use automotive trim mounting tape to put them back on.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

I used a razor blade to cut the tape. As Exavid said don't worry about the pins.

The GL1200 don't have them anyway. They just stick on with tape.

If cleaning them,be carefull. They are thin goldplate on a nickel plate that is bonded to the plastic. Once the platting starts to come off it will flake quickly. You can polish right thru the gold if using a polisher.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Not sure but I think if you remove the pockets and/or the turn signals you can get to the back of the mounts..but working on them in there might be tough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.