Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My bike is in the shop at the moment getting things done,I woke this morning & remembered about this clicking noise I had noticed the day before I took it into the shop,when I turned the handlebars to the far left & turned on the ignition,there was this loud clicking noise,when h/bars are in centre position there are no noises,would this have something to do with no sound on my Clarion as I posted in another thread.Sounds to me like I am stretching some wire or something.Any help guys...

·
Administrator
26,536 Posts
imported post

Maybe the turn signal cancel solenoid. Do you feel it in the left handlebar? My 83 would click once when I turned the key on and occasionally going straight down the road but the cancel unit worked, at least most of the time.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It was steady loud clicking coming from below the head stock,behind the radiator.Is there some type of box down there.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

This may help. My 80 did something similar, but the clicking turned out to be the vinyl covering (loom) for the wire harness. The material became brittle. So solve I put baby powder all over the length of the plastic sleeve and over time it lubricated the vinyl. Now there is no clicking. As an aside, it smells good too.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

This noise is happening when I have the bike on the centre stand with the ignition on,engine not running.Mystery to me...

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Like he said probably the self cancelling box. Take off the fake tank and feel the box.

I disconnected mine. Real PITA having that thing shut off my turn signals when getting in the turn lane.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks Guys,I'll check all those things when I get the bike back from the shop & let you know how I got on.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

It may be a short in the canceling unit buzzer also. It looks like a little speaker under the FGT, towards the front. Also, on the signal Fuse, it is an piece on the left with rubber holding it on. There are 2 connectors on the bottom, 1 is strait, and 1 goes the other way, kind of like an "L". I'd check that also, but it sounds like the above canceling unit.
Good Luck,
NR1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.