Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi you guys. I am still alittle new to these wings. my bike started running crappy, so i pulled off the vac tube from #3 carb and tried to suck on the line to cause the vac to advance and i got a mouthful of gas. :( lol. so i unplugged it and once the gas dried up in there it ran fine. Now i have a little drippage coming out of the nipple on the #3 carb. Why would this be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

I haven't had mine apart in a while so I really can't see how that would happen. I would suspect that your #3 carb reservoir level is a little too high. You can run her at idle for a coupla minutes on the center stand and then read the #3 plug for richness. A little more involved is to pull the eight intake tube to head bolts, slide the carbs to the right, pull off the #3 slide and with the petcock in reserve watch for gas welling up in the carb throat.

LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

The float bowl gasket for the #3 carb is leaking into the small chamber where that vac nipple is. There is no other way for gas to get into the vac line......here is a pic of a #3 float bowl that shows what I am talking about.....this picture was taken before these carbs were cleaned......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Wow, awesome response. I can see exactly what the deal is. I guess i might need to pull thos badboys off and re-do em. I thought this may be the case, but asked anyhow in case there was an easier solution.:praying:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

i guess my next question is: will it be ok to run while i wait to get my rebuild kit? That nipple should suck...right? so when its running it shouldnt leak fuel.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

I dont think it will hurt to run it, but I think I would repair itasap.Keep an eye on things as gas leaks are never good and potentially dangerous. Remember to turn the fuel off when the engine is not running......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.