Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am new to this forum. And want to know, was thier ever a fix for the turn signal cancellation problem? I'm sure you know that honda never got it right. Looking for a aftermarket fix... if thier is one?.. Knowbuddy

·
Administrator
26,988 Posts
imported post

Fix what?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

well, most times the turn signals dont cancel.. other times they will... and waiting at a stop light, they cancel before the light changes and make a turn... is therea way to make them work as they should? or should i expect to operate them manualy? Knowbuddy

·
Administrator
26,988 Posts
imported post

As far as I know you either live with it or do away with the self canceling. I have no idea if they ever worked right, maybe someone that had a new 83 can answer that.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

Maybe i'm just easy to please but the ones on my 83 work ok. Yes, they turn off early sometimes before you reach a turn but mine will stay on once i stop. And they work fine changing lanes or once I make the turn. I'm still pretty impressed that they work by themselves at all..

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Sprdtyf350 wrote:
Maybe i'm just easy to please but the ones on my 83 work ok. Yes, they turn off early sometimes before you reach a turn but mine will stay on once i stop. And they work fine changing lanes or once I make the turn. I'm still pretty impressed that they work by themselves at all..
Me too!

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

MIne do the same work sometimes other times they dont and , I have noticed that I signal way early. I guess its a safety thing with me. Let cagers behind me know that I am planning to turn soon. I have found myself turning with no turn signal due to self cancelling units.

I live with it

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

Mine work . Going straight down the road over probly 10mph they blink 8 times before cancel . Sitting at a light they blink continuosly , then cancel after turn is made .The"WinkerCancelUnit"operates speed , and angle sensor . I could be wrong on the speed at which they change to continious but when slowing down to a stop if the 8 blinks havent passed and you stop they will ( should ) blink continiously till the turn is made and the angle sensor or speed cancel them . This is from my observation of riding an 83 for 4 yrs and checking the wiring diagram .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.