Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi again. i put a forum on here few day's ago about oil leak from weep hole under water pump housing. i just finished installing a new pump and gasket kit. everything
was so fine. but now i have to squeeze the clutch to start the bike and the netural light doesn't work, this is a asp gl1100 i put into a gl1100 standard bike, had to make a few adjustment's netural light was one of them. not sure what i did wrong, had to cut the wire to remove the water pump housing, but i joined it to try just crimped the 2 wires twisted them together for refilling my rad .

thank's

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

You had to pull the front engine cover to replace the pump? When you pull the cover.. or at least when you re-install..... the bike should be in neutral. Isn't there a wire that runs down into the front cover? It is attached to a round switch inside the front cover that has a little bar/rod that has to align with the shift mechanism, There is a orientation mark on the switch...... and the longer side of the bar needs to point towards the mark on the switch while the bike is in neutral. Once you get the front cover put back on, put a couple bolts in to hold the cover on, then check for proper operation of the neutral light before buttoning up permanently. Also make the slot on the waterpump drive shaft is oriented with end of the oil pump shaft. Least that is the way it is for my 1200...... i think this would pertain to you as well. The bad news is you will have to pull the front engine cover again.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

yep that's the bad new's netural light comes on in fourth gear. holy cow. i have to remove everything all over and probally get new gasket's. live and learn i guess.

thank's

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

You may not have to get new gaskets.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

cool i for now have unhooked the netural light wire, so it doesn't come on. will drive it like this for awhile till
i get the nerve to pick it apart again.

thank's for your info i copied it to print

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

The neutral switch is under the cover at the top and right side. It engages with a pawl in the cover and it sounds like you didn't get it right. The permanent fix is to pull the cover and realign the pawl.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
imported post

If your gonna run it for a while before fixing it, plan on at least replacing the cover gasket. It may peal off pretty easy now, but it'll be baked on there as the engine goes thru a couple of heat/cool cycles.

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.