Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Just got the radio controller/head unit for my 83 Aspencade fairing, and as usual, have questions. Thanks in advacne to anyone who can answer the following:

1. I understand most of the radio controls, but what's the "ADJ/ME" button for at the bottom right?

2. The upper two knobs are labeled "Mute" and "Vol", and appear to be for the intercom. How does one work these? The mute knob has the letters "SP" on the lower left. What's that?

3. Just for giggles I removed the plastic blank on the lef sideand found that there's a connector inside there. What is this little space for?

I think that's all for now. If anyone has instructions, either factory manual copies or just typed up, I'd appreciate it!

Jack

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hi Jack

I just wrote a 2 page note and my computer lost it just before sending it. Lets try again. The ADJ/ME button is to adjust the clock and the radio stations. To adjust the clock, push the clock button and then hold down the Adj/Me button. Use the tune buttons to adjust the time. Up button is for minuets and the down button is for hours and AM or PM. The display for both the radio and time is the gauge on the left hand side of your volt meter. The clock only stays on for a short time.

To adjust the radio presets, use the tune up and down buttons to tune into the station you want, hit the ADJ/ Me button and then hold the preset button down for a few seconds. Wait a moment, then tune into the next station, hit the ADJ/Me button and the next preset button. I believe there are 4 or 5 presets. Do this for both the AM and FM stations.

If after you turn the ignition off, and then back on, your presets work, happy riding. If they do not hold, you either have a blown fuse for the memory or a bad wire.

As far as the intercom, I don't own a system that will work with my Aspencade yet. I only have a motocom system for my GL Standard and they are not the same. There are three units that go into the control box. CB, Radio and intercom. You may be missing the CB.

Hope I was able to help. :clapper:

Jerry

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
Hi all,

Just got the radio controller/head unit for my 83 Aspencade fairing, and as usual, have questions. Thanks in advacne to anyone who can answer the following:

1. I understand most of the radio controls, but what's the "ADJ/ME" button for at the bottom right?

==================================
Adjust should be for the clock, ME is for Metal tape (option for type of cassette tape). pop a cassette in and hit the button.
==============================

2. The upper two knobs are labeled "Mute" and "Vol", and appear to be for the intercom. How does one work these? The mute knob has the letters "SP" on the lower left. What's that?

======================
Those are the "Triem and Cee" buttons. :cheeky1:
Mute should set intercom mute levels, try pushing them in while listening to intercom.
=======================

3. Just for giggles I removed the plastic blank on the lef side and found that there's a connector inside there. What is this little space for?

==========================
Connects to the turbocharger and increases the boost when a good tune comes on the radio!
==============================

Jack

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Jerryk wrote:
:waving:Hi Jack

Up button is for minuets and the down button is for hours and AM or PM. The display for both the radio and time is the gauge on the left hand side of your volt meter. The clock only stays on for a short time.

Jerry
I think the up button was for minuets only on earlier bikes, on this model it was for two-steps and reels.:goofygrin:

Also be careful with that salutation, you could get in trouble at an airport for talking like that.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

I thought my salutation was great. Thought of it last night while running back and forth between the garage and computer. I must be smart, since I feel so stupid working on these bikes sometimes. I always seem to take more bolts off than needed and always spend time looking for the small parts that dropped, but never hit the floor.

I found that cranking the volume during a good song adds engine power. 10-15 hp with Tom Petty or ZZ Top to name a few. The Who, maybe 20hp. Barry Manalow, loss of 30 hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.