Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello,

There are 2 wires ( green and green\red I think it is ) plugged just on top of my clutch leaver does anyone know what they are for ,Are they the clutch operation switch and
by chance does anyone know what the clutch operation switch is for ?
The above wires are a little burned from getting to hot and the switch ( where they plug into ) is shorted close. and stay close if I pull the clutch leaver, press the horn or move the chock open or close. would be nice to know if it is something else I have to repair or if this is normal..
:praying:

Thank you

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

Those wires interlock the starter control circuit so you can operate the starter while in gear with the clutch lever pulled in, the starter will not operate in gear with the clutch lever out.

Here's a wiring diagram:

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,144 Posts
imported post

On top of the lever? Usually on the bottom. The switch should be open when the lever is out and close when you pull the clutch all the way in.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Darn , That's what I was afraid of... Thx
Ok so it's working , But all the time..

·
Administrator
26,144 Posts
imported post

The down side is it will start when in gear so be careful. I would be concerned about the burned terminals, there should not be enough current through that to cause burning unless you have a poor connection at the main ground on the front coil bolt.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

funny you say that. between the flashers only flashing now and then, the fuse block showing signs of over heat, it not charging unless the key is in the right spot, I have to find the electrical issue it's having and that's turning out to be real fun hehe
I will take a look at that main ground. You say its on the front coil ..

·
Administrator
26,144 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you need to go over the entire system and clean and/or solder connections, remove the fuses and clean the clips, besides needing a new ignition switch, which is hard to find for an 83 aspy. They can be taken apart and cleaned though.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Working on going through the system now, Already took the ignition switch apart and cleaned it.. that didn't work, So yes I need to replace it..
I did find a replacement one, but the guy wanted $70. plus shipping , that was just way to much .. So I am still looking..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.