Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hi y'all. I'm having problems locating spares (in England) for the anti dive forks on my aspy. I am wondering, can I bypass the system easily while I wait for the dust covers for the caliper bolts to arrive? all the brake parts are good, and I am trying to get the bike on the road. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

I am not sure I understand your question . I think you are waiting the arrival of the dust boots for the caliper slider pins and dust boots for the TRACpivot collar.

The Pivot Collar which the dust boots seal pushes on the piston to change the dive rate. The piston fits thru another seal . So the dust boots really do keep outdust/water,not seal for oil .

When I rebuilt my forks last september the boots were all torn . I have no idea how long they were like that . About the same as riding with no boots I suspect.

I dont know of your road conditions but if its good pavement , I dont see a problem to ride the bike with the boots off. I mean while they are on order not forever . When the parts arrive clean all related components and put in the new dust boots .

OR do you need TRAC hard parts ?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks for the replys guys. Good point about the 1200, I'll look into that one. Since I posted I've received some parts, but the dust seals appear to be the wrong items, both the caliper slider pins and TRAC pivot bolt, so the wait is still on !!
The roads are good here, so running without boots should be ok for a while. Keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

hey.....got all the parts I need for a rebuild now, looks like a day in the shed for me !! if all goes well and the steering head / forks are all lined up ok, it,s start cleaning and polishing and maybe even a ride ! whoa !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.