Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an '83 aspencade and on my tacho screen theres a part on the top left hand corner that says "gear", the nuetral light works and when in nuetral it says "N" in the corner, should it also tell me what other gears i'm in or just nuetral? cheers DAZ.:confused:

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Yes.

I assume you are talking about the upper left corner of the tach LCD screen. It should show the gear that you are in (1-N-2-3-4-OD).

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I'm no mechanic, but am working on the electrical system of my Aspy. I seem to remember something about a "gear position sensor" in one of the diagrams I have been using, but have to get ready to leave for dinner. If I run across it again this evening, or tomorrow, I'll follow up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm no mechanic, but am working on the electrical system of my Aspy. I seem to remember something about a "gear position sensor" in one of the diagrams I have been using, but have to get ready to leave for dinner. If I run across it again this evening, or tomorrow, I'll follow up.
THANK YOU t.c. MATE.:):waving:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Here's a copy of the schematic from the repair manual. It was originally a black line diagram and I traced the actual wire colors for most of the wires in so it's not impossible to follow.

The "Change Switch" is along the bottom of the diagram to the right, and the wires connect to a black (I think) plug somewhere near the front before going into the electronic display. Check the plug to be sure it is clean and connected properly. Other than that I'm not too much help electrically as I'm still learning things with this bike also. I hope this helps.

Jim

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.