Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is on an '83 model Aspencade.This was a "some assembly required" bike when I got it.One item is the rear fender.The PO had it off and disassembled to paint the underside.Now I have what I assume is the plastic piece that goes forward of the fender itself and the brown painted metal fender.No bolts.I see three bolt holes in the fender.One on each side and one on top.I can see where the side bolts go but what does the bolt hole on top attach to?The seat pan does not have an area that would mate up to it.Was the top hole for chrome saddlebag mounts maybe?

Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

:pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin:
On my 81 it's for a rack or a seat grab rail so it probably is the same on an 83.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Got it thanks.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

On a dresser, Interstate or Aspencade, the top 3rd bolt hole is for the bolt just behind the license plate frame and underneath the brake lights.

Hum, looking at the pic again I think the other idea is right, it's probably for a rear bolt mount for the seat ot grab rail. The bolt hole I referred to is for the lower section of the fender you take off when changing the rear tire.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's indeed the bolt that goes through the seat rail on the Standard or that goes through the trunk rack on the Aspy and Interstate.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

O.K. thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.