Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1. For the head removal Clymer says leave the coolant pipe attached to the head and
pull it out of the slip-joint. Honda says disconnect it from the head. I have O-rings and
gaskets for either procedure. Which will cause me the least grief?

2. The right camshaft gear has the R and UP markings but does not have the timing
arrow. Thee are two teeth on opposite sides of the gear which are marked with small
grooves.

3. There are graduated numbered markings on the case behind the tensioner pulley.
What is their purpose?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

Disconnect from the head is better imho. The timing arrow may not be an arrow but a groove. Someone with a gl1100 will know the answer.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I agree with Joe. The crossover pipes are fragile, better not to break the seal on them.

·
everyday member
514 Posts
imported post

With the right side cam gear having the up at the top, you should see the raised mark on the left side of the gear just aboverthe R. Look in the forum for the tuditorial on how to change the timing belts. This along with your manual will guide you through it with ease. Adjust the tensioners per instructions. The spring tension is pretty much all you need.

Remove the tube from the head but if you have the oring, take it apart and replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.