Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought an 83 Aspy with 114k miles and have been going through it to get it roadworthy. Today I got to flushing the pedal operated brakes. This monster has the integrated system where the pedal operates the rear and one of the fronts. The pedal flushed fliud through the front perfectly and had perfect perssure when done. When I opened the rear bleeder valve nothing came out. The front still works and has good pedal. OK consult the manual. Nothing there except that if you suspect a "pressure control valve" problem you have to replace it as it can't be serviced. My conclusion is that it's the valve or a blockage from the valve to the caliper. I'll check the line for blockage tomorrow and if there's none I'll remove the :cooldevil:valve. Is this thing really not cleanable or servicable in any way? THANKS!:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Why not just inject fluid from the rear nipple up to the valve? Often that's all it takes to get it working.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

:DThanks guys! Found a blockage in the rubber hose, cleared it and the brakes are A1!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

FGH :..... LOL.. to keep you from getting banged upside the head here.... most of these "monsters " have integrated braking... (Gasp/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif ).... and almost EVERYONE  here, 'cept Redwing actually owns one.... (Double gasp/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif )  ... so in the interests of  world peace... we prefer you call these &#%*&@    monsters as "Darlin's " ... which is what we all do ./forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif.. 'cept when they don't start... or blow a stator... or need a carb cleaning.... got to go tend to my "Little Darlin'  "now .. needs an oil change... SilverDave  /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

This does work most of the time, on the GL1500 as well.

gaswing wrote:
Why not just inject fluid from the rear nipple up to the valve? Often that's all it takes to get it working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.