Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for a little advise. Take the bike for a ride and it performs good. The only time I have a problem is under load between 3100 and 3500 RPM. One or two up does not matter. Be going up a hill where the bike has the most load on it and the engine starts missing but only at the 3100 to 3500 RPM range. Once over 3500, it goes like some one greased the local pets butt. I put it down to either electrical or fuel (carbs). Outside that range the bike works beautiful.
Any thoughts .

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Thats a hard one... I would not say its a fuel problem if it runs fine after 3500rpm. Maybe check your plug, wires and coils for cracks and decay. I would also check for vacuum leaks. Also just in case it is a fuel problem.. Try running some seafoam through your carbs.. I go whole can with a tank full of gas.. Then after that tank follow directions on bottle.

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
imported post

I have a similar problem with an 1100, have not had the time to work on it yet but I believe it is a problem in the pulse generators or mechanical advance. Everything else has been gone through. Mine does it between 3500 and 4000.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

That was going to be my next guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.