Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Do I really need air in the system at all?

2. Can I fill the system thru the schrader valve on the pump while holding the "front" and "rear" buttons?

3. Any suggestions on how to eliminate the pump alltogether and install 2 schrader valves to fill the front and rear systems?

4. Can/should I replace the oil in the rear shocks while it is apart and if so, how?

As always, thanks for your replies!

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Has your compressor pump messed up?

Not sure about the motor but it is semi-hermetic, you can pull the thing apart and fix it, all it's bearings are sleaves. I took mine apart and dripped some Mobil1 on every moving surface I could find and it's run like a champ ever since, that was back in '03, just sayin' ...

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
ahhh yes the aspencade air system. time and trouble later , you might find that that the standard or interstate air systems are a lot less trouble on the 83`s.
thats just my 2 cents.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
1. No

2. Yes but why would you want to?

3. Yes just get the hardware from an interstate or standard model and be done with the perpetually problematic on board compressor.

4. Easiest way to replace the shock oil is to blow out (and replace) the seals. They are cheap and the whole process should take less than an hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.