Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I bought the bike and have fixed a few problems... The tank was cleaned and sealed but they did too good of a job by sealing the gas cap and the tube to the pet ****... the filter has been changed the pump is ok... I have spark but the motor won't run... The PO has done some wheard things to the bike won't go into these now but I'm woried about the timing!!! He did say he rebuilt the carbs!!!

·
Administrator
26,992 Posts
imported post

Is it getting gas to the carbs? Does it sound like it has compression? The ignition timing cannot be altered but the cam timing is critical. Any other info you can provide will help in diagnosing thew problem.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

the motor only has 23k miles, the compression is great... the bike ran when he put it up back in 1995. PO decided to get it running agane but had a heart attack in the middle of repairing it and I steped in and bought it...

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I didn't answere the question about getting gas I beleave it is... don't know forsure, how can I check to see if it's getting gas???

·
Administrator
26,992 Posts
imported post

Pull the spark plugs after cranking it with the choke on. If they are still dry it probably is not getting gas. If not loosen the drain screw on the bottom of each carb bowl and see if gas runs out.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thanks for that... will check tomarrow...

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

The carburators have gas in only 3 carbs the one in the back on the right side has no gas... do I need to pull the carbs off or can I do something else... Also found out that I don't have a socet to fit the sparkplugs??? I guess a local parts store will have one???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.