Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
I have a Gl1100 that has been sitting for a long time and needed the carbs cleaned. After cleaning and reassembly them I'm wondering about setting the height of the
floats.

I read in the Randakk Carb Repair Guide, set the floats to 15.5 mm and the float should be parallel to the bowl gasket surface. When it's set to this height it seems to be compressing the spring in the float needle valve.

I'm trying to measure this without the float gauge that takes a week to get. Please see the attached picture.

Thanks for any advise!

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,962 Posts
You don't want it compressing the spring. Tilt the carb with the outlet end down so it's almost vertical then bend the tab that touches the pin on the float valve. I use a small screwdriver to make the adjustment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You don't want it compressing the spring. Tilt the carb with the outlet end down so it's almost vertical then bend the tab that touches the pin on the float valve. I use a small screwdriver to make the adjustment.
Yep, and the springs should have a reasonable tension, there is a feel to it, as they are compressed to fast> spring is to weak, it will overflow/run to rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts