Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I got my engine running from being frozen. My question is, What is a "Normal" engine noise ? I know a Rod Knock noise isnt good and I do not have that but on these Honda's (This is my first Honda) how "smooth" should it sound. Are there any YouTube clips of a "normal" 40k mile bike running. I do have slight ticking (Not knocking) and maybe a piston slap (Kinda like my Harley). I was just next to a new "2011" Goldwing and it was SMOOOOOOTH. Not sure how to compare mine to it.

Thanks.

Tony

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Did you ballance/syncronize the carbs? I don't know of any clips to listen to.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

If you just got it unstcuk and running, You need to use some mmo or seafoam in the crankcase for a 150 miles or so and try to clean that motor out. It could be a sticky lifter.

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

Hi Pryotex,

you have a PM,

Nick

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

PM returned, I will try the MMO and some Sea Foam in the Oil, It does have that Lifter tick to it.

PS I am still doing a Happy Dance that it is running. I even found a complete Radio on Ebay for $30 shipped (Kinda broken) but was able to replace the Pots on my with good ones and knobs !!

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Rattleing sounds at idle is usually caused by unballanced carbs causing the primary chain to dance a bit. The transmission will be clunky, particularly in the lower gears. Otherwise, she should run quiet and smooth like you expect.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

I've rebuilt my carbs and done several synchs, still rattles like a bag of bones, especially if I give it too much gas in a high gear.

Do a synch, go ride. These bikes don't like to sit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.