Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i was wondering if the 1200 headlight assemblies might fit the 1100 fairing???

the recessed headlight on my 1100 does not light up the sides of the road very well. i live in northern wisconsin and deer country. any replies would be greatly appreciated. thanks. i already have alot of lighting on the bags and tourpack, so am leary about adding driving/fog lamps.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I think you would have to do some major modifications, or be very good at fiberglass work to be able to get the rectangle 1200 light in the round area of the 1100's. I changed my bulb out to the Sylvania Xtream bulb and it was alot brighter at night. Is your headlight the sealed beam type or the type that the bulb plugs in the back? You also may look at getting the Xenon to go in, I think Williams_86 has done that on his bike.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Information that I copied from this forum:

GL1100 Headlight Bulb, Silverstar H4 ST For Motorcycle Use Only

I bought a replacement 7in headlight housingfrom autozone that had the clear diamond cut lens for about 15$ it takes all H4 bulbs and that made a very big difference with a silverstar bulb before I replaced the headlight housing the silverstar helped but jst didn't do the trick

I replaced my sealed beam with the SylvaniaXTRAVISION H6024. I examined the reflector in the headlight and found the shiny coating was mostly gone so I replaced it with a sealed beam H6024, fits right in and provides much better light.

I also changed the main bulbs on my 1983 GL 1100A to LEDs to lower wattage load.My light bar had 55 wattH3 bulbs. Pricey but I changed the H3s to H3 Xtreme White 35W=70W saving 40 watts and giving more light. $57.56 for pack of two. Along with my Silverstar H4 headlight, the road lights upalong the sides and way ahead.

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=AML&screen=PROD&product_code=70623

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

MDKramer has suggested to me the Hella Vision Plus lens with HID hi/lo bulb. I'll go that route once funds come back in.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Take a look at the LED light bar at Advance Auto. I fogot the price, it is relatively inexpensive. I put a set on my bass boat since I like to night fish and need a low power light.

They come two in the pack with mount and screws. There are about 5 or 6 LEDs per bar. I used a piece of angle iron to make a support. I am sure you could fabricate something very easy. I have thought about puttting a set on my Wing.

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

thanks everybody for the tips. i will try something after the dang snow melts here,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.