Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that my 83 with 4 carbs is jetted to be used in Denver, Co. I live in NE Kansas. It runs really well and I still get 35 mpg. Should I spend the time and money to have it rejetted. Some have told me I need to and others say just let it be if it is running that good. Can anyone with more experience with this issue help me out. Have been riding it for the past three years this way. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
if it ain't broke, don't fix it. you can rejet if you want, you'll get better mpg

·
Registered
211 Posts
stock jets should get around 40/41 mpg. if everything is up to par and well tuned

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
My 83 got a consistent 47 mpg. If you can do it yourself pull the carbs and check the jet sizes. #35 slow jet and #145 main is the std low altitude size. Don't know if it would be worth it to have a shop do it.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
pull your plugs and check them , color, carbon, etc. Will give you a good idea if your mixture is ok. I doubt you will need to rejet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.