Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
big PIA
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was was running a month or so ago and starter clutch went bad on me.
I finally tore the engine off bike and fixed it. Now when trying to start it it seems like there is no power, holding gas and cranking it is firing but running very weak and won't stay running so I can figure it out. Almost like weak spark or not getting gas. Looked at wiring, seems to be all hooked up. Hope someone can give me idea what to look for. I miss riding and need it going. All help appreciated. Surprised clutch worked at all because the pins and spring stuck in, sprayed with wd40 but still not coming out. Used parts off a parts bike I bought. Starter clutch I put in seems to work great

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
It is common that the ignition unit on the back of the engine gets installed wrong when the rear case is installed. There is a pin that must align with a slot in the shaft to get it back in time.

·
big PIA
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
News to me, did not do anything with timing from back of case. Now that makes sense that it sounds like timing issue but have no idea what to lok for, did not set anything at that end, just unplugged and plugged in wires. Please give me idea of what I need to do to fix please

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
Just please do not say I hafta pull motor back apart please
I am afraid you may have to. The cover can be removed and the pulse generators changed in the frame but I don't think you can pull the entire unit without pulling the engine.

·
big PIA
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First time I pulled motor it took me hours.
This time I did not have everything bolted up yet, took it far enough so i could try starter. This time i had motor out, fixed and back on bike in lil over 2 hours.
It was that pin not lined up, I did not even realize it was there and it snapped pin when I put it together first time, I had spare motor from the prts engine I saved and used the back case off it to put together, together enough now and fired right up and ran good.
thank you for quick response last night. These are great forums to get info from. thank you very much for the help. It will be day or 2 before i can button it all back together but I know it will live again:):bow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.