Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I haven't been on here in awhile. I bought an '83 wing a couple of years ago and with help from this forum, I was able to get it running and enjoyed riding it for awhile.
Thank you all for your help.
Now the engine will not turn over either by the starter or by hand. Don't have the time or the money to go back into it again. I would like to sell it to someone who has the time to get it running again or part it out to help get other wings back on the road. All parts are there, some in better shape than others of course. Seat is no good, but I think most of the bike is salvageable.
$500.00 will get the whole bike...I have a clear title for it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

PM sent

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Got it and sent reply.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Give me a couple of months to get the money together and I'll come get it. What's the mileage on it and what's the radio setup on it like?

Is it an Interstate or Aspencade?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

It's an interstate. The radio is an am/fm cassette that is in bad shape. 33139 miles on it. Bought it in '07.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Here's a list of work I have done on the bike after I got it in '07. (I hope this shows up)

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

Darn it, wish I visited this forum more often. And wish I had $500 bucks.
You beat me to it Bagmaster!!!!!!!!!!
And Ghost Rider2!!!!!!!!!!
:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
Darn it, wish I visited this forum more often. And wish I had $500 bucks.
You beat me to it Bagmaster!!!!!!!!!!
Well, go for it then, I was hoping it was an Aspencade. Being an Interstate isn't enough to get me excited over it.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Still got it at the moment.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

616 miles from me and too bad I can't come get it..Don't sound too bad, might be something very simple to fix, and the seat could be recovered.....Dang these great deals when I'm broke....:cheeky1:....Not a bad looking Wing in that one picture...

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I replaced the head gasket on the right side last summer and when I put it together, it wouldn't turn over at all. I probably just put something together wrong, but don't know for sure because I haven't tried to remove the head again to see. I don't have the time or the money to tinker with a bike anymore due to a divorce and child support.

:p
The picture is 2 years old. I have a more recent one now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:( Sorry to hear you need to let the bike go . I wish I could help you out , just to many things going on . I hope it finds another loving home .

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

I'm very interested. Currently in negotiations with the "CFO" for the funds.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

lopeha wrote:
I'm very interested. Currently in negotiations with the "CFO" for the funds.
I can understand that. My CFO put me on a tight budget when I first got this wing. I still got about 5000 miles of pure enjoyment out of it.:grinner:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

What shape are the exhaust in? Mine are serviceable, but I'd like to replace them with a clean set. Are you interested in parting it out? You would definitely get more than $500, but it's also more work.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I would prefer to sell the bike as a whole. I don't have a garage to keep it in and don't have a suitable area to store parts.
I was hoping someone could fix it up or use some parts off it and sell the rest out to get more older bikes going again.
Here is a more recent pic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.