Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody ever soup up a GL1100.

There has to be hot rod parts out there, but I can't seem to find any.

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

Randakk also put a supercharger on one of his bikes. I've read of some people racing these old wings. I would assume you'd have to custom fabricate any parts yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

there are also RUMORS of someone on this board who made a dual cam head for the 1100. no one has evers seen it

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

I would seem that I have read somewhere that cams from another honda boxer will increase performance. Not sure if it is true.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Why would you want to hot rod an 1100 my 82 naked is crazy fast stock

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

HomeBru wrote:
I've been droolingbover this for a while.

http://www.randakks.com/Dual Weber 40 IDF Conversion for Honda GL1000.htm

Also, check out nakedgoldwings.com for some trick ideas
I've seen something similar on a bike around here and they do look really good, don't know about performance tho.

When i need a bit of extra boost, i just drop my feet off the rests and go at it flintstone style, but then I go very slowly

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

:waving:

Two answers come to mind.

1- Personally, I don't consider any stock Goldwing "crazy" fast.

2- Why not?

I am actually considering making a Bobber out of it :thumbsup:

Rick

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I don't know of any "bolt on" performance mods available. On my '78 - I'm running dual Webers on Randakk manifolds, '77 cams, and 3.70 GEM sidecar gears in the final drive.
The Randakk kit is a project as is swapping final drive gears (if you can find them). Cams are easier to do but the '75-'77 cams have a points ignition and the 1100 has an electronic ignition so that swap is a project as well. The early cams have different ignition timing so the 1100 ignition must be modified so the timing can be dialed in.
The last supercharger that came up on E-Bay went for just under $2000. The kit was missing some parts but the blower and manifold were there.
Nitrous is an option but once again, no one makes a kit for the bike so it's also project. You could attempt to put FI on it using a micro-squirt (or equivalent) controller but you have to adapt or invent a lot of the parts yourself.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

RAM 59 wrote:
:waving:
Two answers come to mind.

1- Personally, I don't consider any stock Goldwing "crazy" fast.

2- Why not?

I am actually considering making a Bobber out of it  :thumbsup:
Rick

Being a dedicated cager cos I didn't have any choice, my trike at 70 is way fast enough for me, Tho quite happily sit at 140 in a cage. Bikers I used to work with would take it to 180 and not think it fast enough. Horses for courses

A bobber would look good

Your bike do what you want

Bo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.