Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine went out this afternoon. I finally located a pre-site-move thread that walked about headlights. The recommended light was a Sylvania H6024 ST Silverstar. Found it for a good price on Amazon ($20), and also located it at a local Advanced Auto for a little more ($25).

The Avanced Auto site had a nice tool to tell you of a part matches your vehicle. It says that this light will NOT work in an 83 Aspy. I went back to the thread here, and noticed it was for an 82 Interstate. Back to Advanced and checked. Their site says the light will not fit/work in an 82 Interstate.....

So will it or wont it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Hi TC, if memory serves (and it doesn't always) the H6204 is a 7" sealed beam head light. What you need is an H4 lamp to go into your existing headligh housing.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
the hed lamp listed should fit it was what i used in my 81 i think my plating was comming loose but you can just replace the bulb

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:sadguy: Oops..... my bad....

I forgot to mention something.

I live in the sticks... in the foothills of North Carolina where the deer (but no antelope) play.... (but there are turkey, coyote, black bear, and even more deer)

My original headlight SUCKS!!!!!. It is (or was before it failed) dim and narrow. My only choice, after dark, is to run it on high beam all the time, or only ride at about 35 mph so I have time to stop if needed.

I want newer, brighter, super nova type head light so I don't hit one of Santa's little deer.

I know that if I want to keep my current lighting, I can simply replace a bulb, but I would like to be able to see better at night.

So can anyone confirm that the H6024 ST will fit and connect to my 83 Aspy without any electrical mods?

·
Administrator
27,951 Posts
Yes it will fit like it was made for it.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
That is an automotive light and will shine differently than the M/C lights. The lower watt draw and best, most light to light up them critters is with A HID Bi-xenon conversion kit.
@ $35 + shipping for a single bulb and slim ballast kit(Bi-xenon has a mechanical hood to direct the beam for Hi and low beam as the intensity does not change, just the direction of the light.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n560/globeauto/HID SD CL ads/Slimadd.jpg

If you go this route, it's best to wire in a relay and a switch so that it doesn't go on until you have the bike warmed up and doesn't stall as the more cycles of on off shortens the life of the bulb, this way it will last a long time.

As said your headlight reflector condition may be shot, cloudy, peeling chrome etc.
You may need to replace it. This one comes with a new bulb too for $55
http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/...g-c-765_769/7-inch-motorcycle-headlight-p-315

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
HID is the way to go. If your reflector is bad you will need to replace that for optimum performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.