Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I installed the GenMar setbacksI ordered from 1tail. Service was good. The keypad is metal backed and the plate just fits between the inside cuts. To my surprise the keypad did not require any reinforcement.

[align=right]110.95

[*]
Type:X102B - Anodized Black FinishX-102B
0.00[/align]
I'll try to be brief: 1) remove keypad and bars. 2) install new bottom half temporarily, 3)put blue masking tape on keypad vertical surface 4) set in place on center and mark bottom half locations/ mark lines square to top surface 5) drill 1/8" hole in upper corner of each rectangle for sawto make top 90deg turnand using coping saw cut rectangle from front vertical surface,6) follow same procedure on top surface but no hole/ radius can be turned undersize, measure and scribe carefully. I inverted the top half and set it on top for a guide using front bolt to help align 7) I undercut everythingthen finished with flat and round files continually fitting. Clutch cable neede to be dropped lower in hanger and I replaced my old throttle cables with Motion Pros. I think the factory would have worked but my new ones were routed tighter to triple tree and under the frame brace above the carbs rather than over. Maybe it will help someone. If I wasn't clear PM me, dj

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

So how much up and back did the risers provide?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Sorry boss, It was on the item I pasted and it looked good in preview. !" up and 1 1/8" back. dj

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Paul, I neglected to mention you can also see the old bar opening in the keypad housing. Forgive me for stating the obvious. The original keypad screws were reinstalled. dj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.