Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Guys, I Have an 83 GL 1100 Converted To A Trike. Just Replaced Timing Belts And A Complete Disassemble And Clean Of the Carbs. When I Got On The Road All Was Well 1st Gear Through 4th. While Shifting To Overdrive RPMS Dropped and Could Hardly Get Over 70mph. So back To The shop To Double And Triple Check timing And See If sediment Was In Carbs And all was Spot On. Just Curious is Any Have Ever Heard Or Have had This issue Before. Any Questions Or Comments Would help Me greatly toFigure this problem Out. I Know this is the place to get the information needed. thanks guys for such a good forum site.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

If the carbs are properly synched and set up, you could have a final drive setup not suited for the GL1100. Was it like this before you got the work done?

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

what kind of rear end did you use for the trike addition? do you know the gear ratio? are the rear brakes holding too tight? did the rear end have e-brakes? is it holding?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Before All The Changes Were Made It Would Get Up To Around 110mph. So I know Somthing Had Come Loose Or Somthing Along Those Lines But I Am Scratching For Anything. Getting Frusterated Taking This Thing Apart And Finding Nothing. There Are No Vaccum Lines Loose Or Twisted wich Was My Original Thought. Thanks For The Feedback Fellas.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It Ran Perfectly Fine Before Any Of The Work Was Done So I Think I Am Ok With The Setup Of Tires I Am Running. Althught The Tire Pressure Was Low But Not Low Enough To Make Any Change In The Running Condition

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

If rear drive has remained the same and timings correct,i d recheck carbs,blocked jet,floats operating properly.Carb slides opening fully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.