Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently ordered a manually operated cruise control for my 83GL 1100 Interstate....Package said it was a universal mount for my 1 inch handlebars...well today we discovered the 'arm' doesn't reach far enough to make it operational even tho it does fit properly around the handlebar. Consulting parts manuals etc the dealer couldn't find anything appropriate for my year and model of Goldwing....so I am hoping someone here can provide some assistance as to where to find such an accessory. Had one on there many years ago but it broke when I changed grips and was discarded. It's such a simple lock for the throttle when on the 'road' and I am really hoping someone here can help......Thanx

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

my 83s have 7/8 handlebars if that helps. JB

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

I recently added the throttle lock to my 83 A,its the same one that i have on my VTX. Both installed the same with no trouble. What exactly is the problem you are having?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Not quite sure but the mechanic? who spent 1/2 hr trying to install said the "arm" wasn't long enough to reach past the switch and mount on the grips for throttle control? Now I don't even know if my handlebars are 7/8 or 1 inch? All confused....Pls help if possible.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.