Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:waving:When removing and replacing the turn signal relay/flasher on the '83 Interstate there is no need to remove the top cover/false tank as the relay/flasher can be removed and replaced without removing anything for access. I recently had to replace the relay on my '83 Interstate and figured there was a simple way of doing this. Removal and installation of the new relay/flasher took less than 10 minutes. The rubbermount/cushion can be easilyremoved from the arm it is mounted on. This would also apply to the '83 GL1100 Standard.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

Any chance you have a picture of this or can explain to me (in simplest terms possible) where to find the relay and how you removed it without removing the cover/false tank??? I'm having a similar issue as some other 83 Interstate owners with the directional working when they feel like it. With my limited knowledge of mechanics and electrical, I did suspect my flasher relay, but won't be able to check on it till morning and hope&pray it's as simple as the relay.....

So far, I have found this site and this forum to be quite helpful. SO GLAD I JOINED !!!

UPDATE: Thanks anyway...I did some poking around and when I opened the top cover and removed the tray insert, there is was in plain sight! I really need to learn to look before asking dumb questions...

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Hey Rick
Adding onto/asking questions about old posts doesn't always get results from the one who posted. You are usually better off to start a new topic/question.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums..._id=1&highlight=83+gl1100+turn+signal+flasher
There is a picture on this posting that shows where the flasher is located(false tank off)

Get an electronic flasher for LEDs. I don't remember the number tonight to use but will run by my storage tomorrow afternoon and get the number for you that I used on my 83 and on a friend's also. Went with LEDs in stop/tail and in the directionals to stop the drain on the system as when the directionals came on, the headlight would dim w/stock bulbs in the directionals.
Stu

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.