Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've searched the topics, but I couldn't find any problems like I'm having. After the bike was parked for 5 days. I tried to start, and it just clicked a few times. I thought I would just give it a charge while I was at work. Hooked up the charger, and got no results. The charger showed no volts. I turned the key on, and the charger showed 4 volts. The bike volt gauge showed nothing. With the charger hooked up my light would come on dim. That afternoon I decided to give it a push. It tried to start a couple times then I got tired of pushing it. These wings aren't light! Went out this morning turned the key on and I have absolutly nothing. Like the battery isn't even hooked up.

Any suggesting would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

have u tested the battery? sounds like a bad battery to me im sure some of the gurus will have more ideas

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a dead battery. A "dead" battery will no longer accept a charge.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:Sounds like the battery is defective. Take it to the shop and have it load tested and it will no doubt check bad.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I thought so, but wanted to see if there were any other bugs that may cause the problem because this was the first time the battery gave me any kind of trouble.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

while your replacing the battery also replace the dog bone main fuse or install a blade type fuse and holder .

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Got the battery yesterday. After your advise and using the search tool for topics; next week I will be installing the blade fuse and holder.

Thanks for the responses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.