Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Yep ! the age old problem with the rear brake caliper shows it ugly head !... Whatif any, is the permenant fix to this problem? Is there a aftermarkert caliper that can be bought? that will stop this from happening again! I rebuilt this caliper and was working fine up until last nite. Was at the in-laws place with the lady of the house. riding two up. Removed the left side bag, opened the bleeder to take pressure off the rotor. Waa-la! not locked up!.. chanced riding it home. It stayed free'd up all the way home. still is.. just would like to throw the thing in the dump. And buy a caliper that was made properly? what kind should i get? and best place to do business with. "fed up"

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

your problem might not be the rear caliper . but rather the master clyinder . did the right front also show signs of locking up ? if so than i would say its a master cylinder problem . there is a relife hole in the master that is very small and gets pluged with crap and doesnt relive the pressure as it should. could this be your problem ?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

as above... really isn't the caliper, but at the master.... however, considering your wing is nearly as old as mine.... replacing the seals in your brakes probably isn't a bad idea.... it is sort of like arithritis... things that shouldn't get stiff with old age.... and things that should... well, I ain't going there

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
your problem might not be the rear caliper . but rather the master clyinder . did the right front also show signs of locking up ? if so than i would say its a master cylinder problem . there is a relife hole in the master that is very small and gets pluged with crap and doesnt relive the pressure as it should. could this be your problem ?
:waving:Yup, sure sounds like the tiny fluid return hole in the rear master cylinder is plugged or partially plugged and no doubt if he raised the front wheel he would find that the R/H front is also locking up a little. The link below is from a forum thread Feb 2008 and is about the problem I had I had on my '83 Interstate and how I eventually cured the brake lockup problem with help from several members on this great forum.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/38446-1.html

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

knowbuddy---got things fingered out yet ? ? any up dates ? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.