Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,088 Posts
imported post

I'm no expert, but I would think you would need to change the 90 degree drive in the rear and maybe the swing arm. In the front, the brakes and maybe the forks (including the triple tree) would need to be changed. There are a lot of differences between the tow bikes. The '83 does have advanced suspension and brakes over the '78. It may be a worthwhile upgrade. but heck, why not just get an '83? I'm not sure if it is a direct swap. I have the swing arm out of my '81. I can measure the width if you want.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

No need to measure ,but thanks for the info...gonna stick with comstars, or maybe look for spokes...

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

wont work, 82 and 83 can mix in those years

·
Administrator
26,576 Posts
imported post

All years of 1100 rims will interchange with no modifications but I don't think they will fit a 1000.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

dave you are right... just 80-81 have different rim and tire size from 82-83 I think anyways.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
imported post

evilhomer wrote:
No need to measure ,but thanks for the info...gonna stick with comstars, or maybe look for spokes...

Personally I think Comstars are cool , always have, why would you want to change? Good solid wheel......:3wisemonkeys:

Edit for spelling:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

chilidawg wrote:
evilhomer wrote:

Personally I think Comstars are cool , always have, why would you want to change? Good solid wheel......:3wisemonkeys:

Edit for spelling:cheesygrin:
Just be sure to check /keep an eye on the rivets for cracking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.