Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if the '83 aluminum wheels will direct fit the '82? I was thinking of changing to the 11 spoke wheels from an '83 if they will fit. I noticed the rear axle has a different part number between the two years. So now I have some concerns.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

The whell will fit and also the axle will fit (longer fat end) as the wheel bearings are the same for all years. I'm not sure if the brake disc off your 82 will fit the 83 wheel, someone else might have the answer.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

The brake disc on the 82 & 83 is the same, EBC list the MD1082 for both years Interstate and Aspenade.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys, I thought the change in part numbers might be something simple, but didn't want another wheel sitting in the garage collecting dust.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

jackjohn wrote:
Thanks guys, I thought the change in part numbers might be something simple, but didn't want another wheel sitting in the garage collecting dust.
I have seen the 83 rear wheels on Ebay with the seller stating some other suspension parts were available so it would fit on an earlier model. I can not remember what the part or parts were.

Can anybody shed any light on this? :baffled:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.