Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am trying to remove the old bearings on my 84 ASP. My bearing remover tool is the type you slide in, the tongs open up and grip the inside face of the bearing and you pull it out.

My problem is there is a sleeve runnning thru the rear hub the exact same size as the bearing inner race, so there is nothing to grip to pull it out. I cannot even tap it out from the opposite side as there is no lip to tap on.

If I bring this to the local dealer, I'm sure they will tell me to replace the wheel. The wheel is true, and even the bushings are excellent!

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As always

Thanks

Grant

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Here is the tool used to pull the bearings, you can make one up from a bolt section that fits the bearing, cut it off, saw a slot in it and grind a wedge shape on a piece of steel or use and old screwdriver that's long enough to reach through.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Actually had an old piece, something like that. It worked like a charm.

THANK YOU!!!

Grant

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Always nice to hear a problem solved!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yes Paul, it went well thanks. Just out of curisioty, when I spin my rear wheel now, if I spin it fast, it will spin about 1 to 1 and 1/2 turns before stopping. I've never really noticed this before so I'm assuming its ok.

Any comments appreciated.

Grant

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.