Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The CB has not worked since I bought the bike last fall. Riding more and would like it to work. It is on channel 9, light comes on when I turn the radio on but does not seem to be transmitting or recieving. Cannot change channels usng the handlebar controls. Any help will be appreciated. Thx. Randy

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

i had the same problem on my cb i just sent it to sierra electronics for repair i'v heard a lot of good things about them

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Might want to:

1) Chase the wiring from the handlebar and make sure it's plugged in.

2) Try spraying some electrical contact cleaner into the handle bar switch while operating the switches.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

tonys96, will try that first andif that doesn't work will probably have to give hoss1200's idea a try. Thanks

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

I'm off all next week if you want to ride up, we can mess with it, can't gaurantee anything, but we could try.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

tonys96, I could try coming up saturday if you are not busy but as far as next week I would have to see if can get off say tues or wed. Won't know until monday. I really appreciate the offer tony, thanks.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

hi hockeydad33 i also tried what tonys 96 said , i tried all the wireing ect incuding the cb plug it all checked out ok so i just sent it off it saves a lot of messing about also nobody will touch them in the UK

hoss1200

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33 wrote:
tonys96, I could try coming up saturday if you are not busy but as far as next week I would have to see if can get off say tues or wed. Won't know until monday. I really appreciate the offer tony, thanks.
I'll watch the post. I'm at work this weekend. Boiling oil.

Otherwise there's always Sierra.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

tonys96, I will work around your schedule if the offer is still open. My daughter has a soccer game on Monday and Wednesday but not until 7:00 PM but if I got an early start I should still be able to make her game. Beggars can't be choosers. Let me know what works best for you and I will try to get it cleared with my boss. He rides a Harley but I don't hold that against him, 2 wheels is 2 wheels. Thanks, Randy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.