Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, My name is Mike and new to this site. I have a 1984 Aspencadewhich Iv'e had for the last 4 monthsand it has a vibration in the left head. What i mean is when I put the toe of my boot against the head when running down the road you can feel a strong vibration. The right side is very smooth and no vibration at all. It has the vibration no matter what gear or speed. But if your stopped and just at a idle both sides feel the same.

It does have the normal ticking sound that the 1200's have but its pretty loud when running down the rode and its all coming from the left side head area.

Iv'e only noticed this in the last few days that there was more vibration then before and started looking around to find the problem. It seems to do it under a load or not but a little more when you back out of it around 60 or 70.

Could this be something in the cam or maybe up in the timing belt?? The belts are pretty new (10,000 miles)and were installed at Honda from PO.

Anyone have anything like this happen or is this maybe something thats getting ready to come apart???

Thanks for any and all help.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Welcome Mike. Is there a possibility one of the left cylinders isn't firing properly? Try pulling the plug leads one at a time when the engine is running (wear gloves or use a pliers) and see if one cylinder is dead or not quite right.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Any oil leaking from the front of the head where the cam is? I would gently pull the cover off & look for signs of cam bushing wear. After that, I would pull my timing belt covers & watch it running to see if there is a wobble in the pullies. Sounds like something is out of ballance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.