Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know it can be done . But how much grief am I going to suffer . My 84 aspencade motor is sick . I found a 86 sei motor with 7k miles and the guy says it will work no problem . What out of the ordinary is involved ?:shock:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I know how to pull the motor . What I don't know is if the carbs on the 84 will bolt up to the intake on the 86 sei and if all the electrical is compatable ?

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

it you had an 85 i would think your changeout would be easier,the sei doesn't use pg's as such and dont know if you can add the pg's to the front easily and graft them into the 84's system,the sei has cam sensors on the right head but would imagine that could just not be used w/o any problems,you might want to pm and/or search for past posts by "JerryH" who wanted to change from an LTD motor to carbs awhile back

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
imported post

You would have to use pulse generators from an 85-87 carbed engine and they will connect to the 84 but the wires may have to be extended. The mounting holes for them on the front of the engine are probably already there but that is something you would need to check. Other than that it should work.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
You would have to use pulse generators from an 85-87 carbed engine and they will connect to the 84 but the wires may have to be extended. The mounting holes for them on the front of the engine are probably already there but that is something you would need to check. Other than that it should work.
I agree on checking the block for mounting holes as the SEi block has a separate part number and may not be drilled and taped for both pulse generators needed for a non SEi.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks guys . I wound up finding a low milage 84 aspencade motor . I know will work with no major problems

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

sounds like an easier alternative than a sei morot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.