Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took the better half on a ride this evening. We rode into the evening. Stopped several times to smoke. Every time, we'd get back on the bike, I'd fire her up, and be on our way with no problems. Our last stop was a little bar. We went in for a drink and snacks. 25 minutes later, we come out to the bike, I turn the key and fire her up as always. She fires right up but I have no dash, headlights, taillights, brakes, horn, turn signals. Only thing that would work is my emergency flashers.

Does this sound like the ignition switch? or ???

Back when I took the lowers off, I unhooked the driving lights(aftermarket) and the switch for the trailer tail lights. It's been this way for almost 2 months. One time a few weeks ago, I fired her up on a trip in the mountains when the dash didn't light up. It came on a minute later,so I didn't give it any thought.

The McGyver in me rigged the driving lights up with a 20 amp fuse and some electrical tape. Luckily, I keep a small headband flashlight on the bike. It has a red light, so I strapped it to the back for a tail lightand we made it home.

Any help would be appreciated...

Jeeeeeez.....I justwanna ride!!:action:

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I went to put the cover on the bike about 1 1/2 hrs after I parked it. I tried the key and all the lights came on when I turned it on. Go figure!! A problem that comes and goes.

It does have a new (2 months) battery and the infamous 3 wires have been soldered before I bought it. It charges fine. It still has the old main breaker beside the battery. Don't think it would have started if it was that. It ran fine all the way home. Just no dash, lights, etc....

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

On another forum, a guy had the same issue and said it was a loose connection with his fusebox above the air cleaner. I'll check that in the morning. Ripped diaphrams, tapping lifter(s), no lights... what's next?? btw after the seafoam treatment in the engine 150 miles, oil change to 20/50 ... I still have the tapping in the lifter(s).

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.