Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello again everyone, long timesince I was here. I was looking around at all the new postings. So I thought I would let everyone know the total outcome of the problems and solutions that I talked about here before.

I took the goldwing into the honda shop and pumped about $2100.00 into the engine and got the starter replaced and gaskets, belts......lions......tigers and bears.

The kits they had to replace the dreaded 3 yellow wires and the starter relay etc were installed. Anyway.....I rode to California for my fire deaprtment conference and back and had a blast. I really appreciate all the advice and help I got from everyone.

Now all i have to do is do the front and rear brakes (got the tires replaced in Cal). And I'm going to attempt to do that myself (help meeeeeeeeeee). Anyway the bike is running great and even got compliments on it on the road (1 even from a harley rider :shock:). All I can add to the elctrical issuesI have seen is get them fixed and load up on the di-electric grease, also if your mute button sticks and the turn signals dont shut off like they used to thegrease works wonders for that too.

Take care and be safe everyone, talk to ya soon

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Well done and nice to see you back. $2100 is a lot of money, I hope you will be keeping this Wing for a looong time. :waving:

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Eddie, it's great to be back, and oh hell yes I plan to keep the wing until the day one of us dies. This is my 3rd goldwing and kept them all from new until the last breath.

I replaced the brake pads yesterday and forgot that the rear brakes and front right cailper were intergrated, went out on a test ride and had no rear brakes :gunhead:. Wont be forgetting that one again any time soon.

Cya later

Jim

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Well done Jim. A lot of money, but you've managed to keep another classic on the road, hopefully for many years. :clapper:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.