Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Gentleman:

I bought a carb set for my GL1200 1984 Golwing Aspencade from ebay. I didn't know it but I must have the California model as my carbs have the PC valve, charcoal canister, ect. The 84 Aspy carb set that I bought does not have this setup and is not drilled and tapped to accept this setup. Does anyone know if I can make the carb set work and how? Thanks...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't think it would be too much of a problem, it doesn't hurt carbureted autos to strip that junk. A Clymer manual ought to show both setups, might make it easier to convert.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Most people I know who bought the US carbs just blocked off the extra pipes & tubes on their Calif models and there were no problems. The carbs themselves are the same externally and will fit.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I have a Clymers manual.It shows both setups but not how to convert. I bought a carb set on the recomendation of a local cycle repair man who said my carbs have too many stripped threads and a crack somewhere. He pretty much said that my carb set is junk.

There are 2 vacuum lines that come off of the pc valve on the carb.
1. A small vacuum line that goes from pc valve to 3 way joint near handle bars. One tee goes about 4" then is plugged. Other tee goes to a 5" Square black box located just below where ignition key is located.

2. Bigger vacuum line goes from pc valve to one side of charcoal canister. Also on this side of canister is line to gas cap.

On the other side of canister is a larger line that makes a bend and stops.. Also on this side is a smaller line that appears to be a drain.

I hope this helps. Thanks.......

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey m1buck :leprechaun: A big Irish welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net.

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

m1buck wrote:
There are 2 vacuum lines that come off of the pc valve on the carb.
1. A small vacuum line that goes from pc valve to 3 way joint near handle bars. One tee goes about 4" then is plugged. Other tee goes to a 5" Square black box located just below where ignition key is located.

2. Bigger vacuum line goes from pc valve to one side of charcoal canister. Also on this side of canister is line to gas cap.

On the other side of canister is a larger line that makes a bend and stops.. Also on this side is a smaller line that appears to be a drain.
Which ones are the problem, what will be left unconnected with the new carbs?

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey weewillywing :stumped: Will you stop changing your Avator so often. :tutut: I find it hard enough to keep track of you guys without trying to confuse me more. :doh:

:madeyes: :18red: :madeyes:

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

m1buck wrote:
I plugged everthing off and put on carbs. So far everthing seems ok. Bike is running good. Knock 0n wood! Thanks for all of the help!
Nice one. If its running fine now then it the job has been successful. Any problems tend to show up immediately.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Hey weewillywing :stumped: Will you stop changing your Avator so often. :tutut: I find it hard enough to keep track of you guys without trying to confuse me more. :doh:
I found this one before anyone else Redwing, someone else keeps copying my ones. It's worth looking at the avatars every now and then to see if any new ones are added.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.