Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Today, I was fiddling with my speaker covers, trying to get them on firmly. The PO had replaced the speakers and it looked like he never got the covers on correctly.

The top inner tabs will not fit into the rectangular slots because the dash just behind does not appear to be correctly aligned with the center portion that contains the digital panel. Can someone have a look and tell me if the three pieces are supposed to be coming right across in a straight line or are the two side piecesrecessed about 1/4 inch. This is the way mine are and it prevents the speaker covers from seating fully. It also recently had a new windscreen put on so there is plenty opportunity for it to bealigned incorrectly. And, if so, can anyone tell me how to get it right.

Thanks

Hawker22

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

My 1200 parts were once alligned I supose... nor Right side is almost correct.. and left is distorted enuf so that the cover pops off  , just like yours...  I tried all sorts of things and finally... a really tiny screw , thru one of the speaker cover holes... and a dab of black matte paint.. just have to remember its ther when you try to remove cover .. SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I think th heat just warps the inner cover on the 1200 and causes the tabs not to align.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
I think th heat just warps the inner cover on the 1200 and causes the tabs not to align.
I agree with that, seen it lots of times.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'm not sure just which alignment you're referring to but if you are trying to to align the covers with the instrument cluster, take a good look at the round spacer with the four screw holes that goes under (or over, I don't remember which) the speaker. One side is thicker than the other and if I remember the thick side goes inboard. If this isn't what you were referring to please disregard all after "I'm not sure..."

On my 1200 I had to cheat and use a small, black sheet metal screw to insure the speaker cover wouldn't come off. The screw in the corner is pretty discreet, a lot better than paying $30 on eBay for a new cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.