1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
imported post

blu boy wrote:
smoke from engine area not pipes

where do i begin to troubble shoot/ fix
Hang in there Bud there will be someone along that will be able to help in your quest!!.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

i knew she needed work when i bought her sunday, but now i cant keep her running long enough to pull er out of the garage

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
imported post

Boy I would guess carb bowls filling and flooding??? What do the plugs look like??? Wet...

But to be quite honest it is a total guess.......:?

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

First things first ... get yourself a shop manual for your bike or you will be headin for a world of hurt !
If Mother Honda dosent have one you can try Clymer or Haynes.
When you get your manual , read it from cover to cover to familiarize yourself with her .
You will be glad you did .

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

bike & dennis, airclanEr off, didnt help ...
idles good @ 13-1400 but giving any gas kills it
can i run her w/out the cleaner for short bursts
this bike is a mess
gas leaking from a hose where it joins w/ ?carb i think it is carb

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Okay you have a fair amount of work and learnning before you can ride off into the sunset.
It's not hard or rocket science but it has to be done to bring back an old girl like that. The entire fuel system has to be gone threw and brought back to like new condition. the brakes probly need to be gone threw and serviced for shure you should change antifreeze and timming belts. After that is done then you can test and tune to get it running right. Any viecle from the mid 80's was a vert bad compromise with the EPA rules really making it hard to built a properly running carbed viecle.
Good luck and enjoy the challenge of the rebiuld
Wilf

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.