Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings Everyone- I bought a GL1200 a few months ago but suddenly it began to have a problem of slow crank over when starting. I lost electrical supply, found the problem with starter fuse/rectifier (?) area on the right side cover to the right of the battery, fixed that problem. But now it seems that its slow to crankover, alomost like the battery is low, but it has a new battery. Any suggestions?

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

You may have to remove the starter on your bike to check the brushes and lubricate the bushings. If the drive end bushing is worn out you will have to replace it with a new one. Have an auto electric shop do this for you.

Be extremely careful when removing the cable on the starter. You must use a wrench on the nut under the cable when loosening the nut holding the cable onto the starter lug.

Vic

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Vic, I appreciate the reply. I saw in the forum how to do the repair that you mentioned. I hope this year of Goldwing is firefighter proof :?. Thanks again.

Jim

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hey firefighter61, welcome to the forum,please update your profile with your location or the resident curmudgeon, REDWING, will have another one of his spells and someone will have to trek over to his island hideout with smelling salts!

:waving::waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.