Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
707 Posts
One thing that has worked for me in the past is looking on eBay for people selling old bike parts then writing to them. Quite often they are parting out old bikes as a business or they're a salvage yard operation and have lots of old stuff to chose from.
You can just send them a message on eBay - the worst that could happen is they say no.

I found a guy out in Colorado who bought old junk bikes just to part them out on eBay and got several things from him for my old '87 GL1200.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would the black corrigated plastic conduit from a cars wiring give you the same protection? Or are you referring to the side panels? I might have some.

Yeah the side panels (Honda calls the shelters) that go in-between the false tank and steering stem to cover the wires. Only found on the GL1200 "naked" models.

24 and 25 here: http://shop.westernhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=425954&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1984&fveh=13041

I know they are definitely plastic with some flexibility to them so they snap in place? hard to find so I've never seen them in person.

If you havre some I'd be interested

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I've had good experiences with using the Salvage/wreckers NETWORK. A large number of the motorcycle salvage/wrecking yards belong to a "network" where you give a description and/or part number of what you're looking for, , it goes into their database and dozens of "shops" get notified of what you want, and if they have it, they email/contact you. "MrCycle" and "MCPartsNetwork" are a couple that might have it. There are others too, , , do a advanced google search for motorcycle parts networks or similar.

I know it works great because I've had numerous "shops" contact me to say they DON'T have the part but will keep my inquiry on file if something shows up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've had good experiences with using the Salvage/wreckers NETWORK. A large number of the motorcycle salvage/wrecking yards belong to a "network" where you give a description and/or part number of what you're looking for, , it goes into their database and dozens of "shops" get notified of what you want, and if they have it, they email/contact you. "MrCycle" and "MCPartsNetwork" are a couple that might have it. There are others too, , , do a advanced google search for motorcycle parts networks or similar.

I know it works great because I've had numerous "shops" contact me to say they DON'T have the part but will keep my inquiry on file if something shows up.
Good idea. Will try that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts