Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! Does anyone know if there is a connector for the clock on my 'wing. I know there is one behind the dash, but was wondering if it has any other connectors into the loom under the tank/fairing maybe. Mine comes on when it feels like it for a few minutes and then fades out. So I'm sure its just a wiring problem. Its real difficult to see all the different coloured wires buried down the left side of the bike where all the connectors seem to be!

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
clock losing power

schematic looks like there is a 7amp fuse which remains hot all the time which if its like the 85's keeps the "memory" on that and the radio,should be located in that once open "space" in the left pocket
very possible the fuse holder is corroded and needs cleaning,but same could be said for the connector behind the clock itself

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Does the clock reset each time it fades out?

If not it maybe a problem with the clock display itself and not the power to it.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the clock resets each time. I guess I'm gonna have to pull the windshield etc. and start from there. I also have another question for anyone who can help. I've just replaced the stator as it had gone south. While doing up the last few bits this morning I had the radio on the bike playing. The battery had been on charge for the last couple a days. It was playing fine and the when I was bleeding the clutch I could hear it play for like 5 seconds and the go quiet then come back in again. This kept over and over until it faded right out. You can hear it now if you put your ear next to the speaker. Incidently if you press the starter button you get a blast of full volume which goes as soon as you let the button go. Its got me stumped! I can't see any wires that look kinked or trapped and ive not disturbed the bulk of the loom with the engine removal/instalation

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
There is a small fuse under the left pocket in the fairing that keeps power to the clock memory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.