Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this last winter, but forgot all about it 'til this morning - first fairly cold day.

My Aspencade doesn't run smoothly when the temp gets down below about the mid 40s. If it's cold AND humid it's even worse. Even after it's warmed up, it doesn't run well at lower RPMs - it's rough, doesn't accelerate well, needs to be up near 3000 to start settling down. And by settling down, I mean it'll accelerate well from that point - it still doesn't "sound right."

The carbs were cleaned and adjusted in late summer 2011 so I think they're in reasonably good shape.

Maybe I just need to adjust them a little for the winter?

I did try searching the forums - I think I used relevant words - didn't see anything.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You may want to pull your spark plug wires and caps and inspect them for corrosion in them, both ends. You can get new bulk 7mm wire(6' cut to 18" pcs.) from most small mom & pop shops along with new NGK spark plug caps.
If not spark then gas flow needs testing. New gas filter been done this year? Napa #3011, @ $5.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,854 Posts
Don't feel left out in the cold.

Both of my GL1500s will/would not run smoothly when cold until after the engines go warmed up enough to show on the temp gauge.

·
I think I was wrong once!
393 Posts
My 84 aspincade does not like the cold eather but mine too seems to run like normal after the temp is up to normal operating temp. But I have not ran her much yet in air temp of under 40 exept once, I plan to ride her tomarow and it is predicted to be about 35 when i leave for work so I'll try to post when i get to work on how she ran.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.