Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A couple months ago when I turned the bars all the way to the right to park the bike it would shut off and everything would go dead. I reached down along the fork tree and loosened the slack in the wires and everything was ok. Then I had parked the bike one night and the radio and the accessory lights wovkd not turn off even when I pulled thd key out. Any suggestions, I realy do need them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Most likely the ignition switch gone bad. The 1984 GL1200 models were notorious for that, and at the time there was a recall or service bulletin to address the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Ya I agree with Budegan... Hasd a 82 cb900 supersport that did the same thing.. replaced the bottom half of the ignition and all was well.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Yep if you call Honda they will set you up with a dealer to go to and change it out..Its free..Big time NTSC recall.Call Cory at American Honda..If it has been changed out Honda puts a stamp on the frame if it has not they will install a new one.866 784 1870
Ext 16582

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

First I want to thank you for the replies. I called the Honda hotline and they checked my Vin# and to me that my bike didn't fit within the range of the bad ignitions although mine has the smooth bottom. They said I can take it to a dealer and have them check it and if it is a faulty switch they can get hold of the area Honda rep and we'll battle from there. Thank all you again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.